Friday 5 July 2013

Finally a Finsh - Quick Baby Quilt


Well the pieced top went together in no time. This Strip and Flip design by Cluck Cluck sew really is a very quick quilt top to put together.  I bought gorgeous purple Moda fabric for the backing, basted it and then procrastinated on the quilting.

I originally had in mind a swirly pattern but then changed my mind to straight line quilting. When I first decided to make this quilt from the tutorial on Cluck cluck sew I had friends in mind expecting in the summer but as I was piecing it I was thinking of a different friend the whole time. So maybe that change of mind influenced the finish. I am very pleased with it and just happy to finally have a finish under my belt!

If only the Irish weather would co-operate I'd have better photos.  Supposedly going to be good this weekend.  Here's hoping.

Linking up to


and Finish it up Friday

7 comments:

  1. I love this! It's such a simple design, yet so eye catching. Great job on the quilting. I like how you changed up the quilting in the reversed strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple and pretty design. Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The big punch this quilt is wonderful. I think I am going to try one and I have NEVER done straight stitch quilting and it is on my list of things to learn this summer. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific quilt! The colors are beautiful and I like your quilting. I'm a fan of straight line quilting, sometimes it's the best for a quilt. I'm going to have to look into this pattern for some charity quilts I'm planning on making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet quilt, Ruth! I'm sure it will be well-loved. Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty baby quilt. I love the simple quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just copied this pattern to make! I really like your colors and quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...