Friday 26 July 2013

Star Surround Quilt-A-Long

Melissa at Happy Quilting is hosting a Quilt-A-Long of her pattern the Star Surround.  There are lots of options in terms of size and layout from 16" cushion to bed quilt.

I'm joining in and making a 1 x 1 Star 40" baby quilt.  I figure I can get this done in between my Swoon-A-Long, Finish-A-Long goals, Doctor Who and City Sampler Blocks.  Well that's the plan anyway!

Maybe because the clashy bright fabric contest was on my mind I chose pastel purple, yelllow, bright blue and white solids as my colours.

They are bright alright and I love them!

This week was cutting and Melissa is hosting a link up, as well as a flickr page.
 If you are looking to join in, the schedule is here.  This is going to be a fun project!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I did a 40" block for a baby quilt with the Starburst QA in January, and it was fun! I added a border and it was a perfect baby quilt. Your colors are soft and sweet!
    I want to join in, and I'm expecting a baby, but I don't know what I'm having yet. So it's hard for me to pick colors, and I do want to multi-task with a few of my projects. By the time I can find out, the QA will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are just so pretty. It is going to be such a pretty quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...