Wednesday 16 October 2013

WIP Wednesday -Penny Sampler update

This was the view out the back garden today - miserable wet! It bucketed down last night.  With the grey dim light coming into the house the photos of my Penny Sampler blocks aren't the best.  I'm adding to my To Do List: set up indoor photo space for winter!

It might not look like much but I am making progress on my Penny Sampler blocks.  I managed to get the design wall to stay up for a start!  By the end of this week I hope to be only 1 week behind.

I like this block very much.  It's called Stacked Pines and is part of the precision piecing section of the course.

The next 4 blocks are cut out and ready for sewing.  I really like the Hourglass blocks in grey with a co-ordinating solid.  I think this would make a fabulous border for a medallion style quilt. 
I changed my mind about the colours for the snowflake block.  I had intended on making it in blue and orange but I've used these colours in some of the other blocks so much I'm going for grey to give that wintery feeling.  The print out of the quilt design we were given really helps with the colour choices but the design wall is where it is at.  I get it now .  It really helps to have someplace where you can test shapes and colour and leave it in view while you are working on it, walk away from it and come back another day.

Hoping to get these 4 blocks finished tonight. Linking up to


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Loving the colour choice for your sampler ...beautiful. WIP Wednesday. Have a great day Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo! This is going to be so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your version of the penny sampler. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking lovely ... I'm enjoying watching this quilt grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Penny Sampler! Love that blue. Stopping by from WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...