Tuesday 4 February 2014

Scrappy January Round up

Sarah @ Fairy Face Designs has a great idea for a linky party called Put your Scraps to Work.  The idea is to dive into the scrap basket and make something, during the month, from scraps and link back on the last day, so we can share all our lovely projects and get some inspiration for things to do with our scrap pile.   This is my scrap basket.  It may look small but there is quite a bit in there from last years projects and a good rummage about gave me scraps for lots of projects last month.


3 strips of blue fabric and some Kona snow were used to make this little guy.  I'm calling him Robot Bear.













I plan on making a few more of these from scraps for a baby quilt that should look something like this:





  







January's Bee blocks were all scrappy too and I got all of the blades for this block from scraps with some Moda Bella White background.  The pattern is Kaleidoscope from Red Pepper Quilts and this was for Anna for the Global Scrap Bee.  I love the repeating pattern emerging from these teeny 4.5" blocks.


This string block is made entirely of scraps.  I can see at least 3 quilts in this and one I'm still working on.  This was made for January Stash Bee and the tutorial is here under Hive#10.


I made this cross body bag from 30 charms left over from a charm pack of Spa by Deb Strain.  This came from a magazine pattern as one of my To Do items for the Library project (get out those books we've been hoarding and make something!)  I'm not sure if leftover charms are considered scraps or stash but it is pretty scrappy!


Finally my wonderful Hive mates in the Modern Irish Bee have been making me blocks with scrappy centres and I love them.  This is my makeshift design wall made from wadding hung from a shelf and a mirror (with Charly's little house on top of one of my stash boxes and the dogs travel crate underneath - this is where the blog name came from!)

And I still have a whole pile of scraps left in that basket.  What to make next?


Linking up  a little bit late to
Lily's Quilts
and
FairyFace Designs

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have great projects there. I love those robot bears, they will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...