- How did you come to be a quilter?
- What is it that you love about being a quilter?
- What are you most proud of from your quilting experience?
This is my quilt Tischa Nagel video. Nevermind that my name and info isn’t correct.
- What quilting challenges would you like to conquer in the next 12 months.
- What’s your 3 favourite quilts that you’ve made that reflect who you are as a quilter?
This first gift is about charity and giving. My friend was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and the only thing I could think to do was to make a quilt for her. I wanted to support her and be with her every step of the way. At least if I wasn’t there she could wrap herself up and feel me there beside her.
Rainbow Charms is a quilt I just winged after looking at a stack of rainbow charms. This is will be my first pattern that I hope to get out in 2015. This quilt is a good reflection of how I like to use colors and keep things simple.
f. This quilt is my favorite. Luckily all three of these are nearby and I can see them often. Nomadic triangles just kinda came to be one day after weeks trying to come up with a design for the Indiana State Fair Sewing Challenge. This will be my second pattern in 2015 that I want to put out there. Improv but still modern and simple. This quilt shows me that if I keep looking at something differently, considering new techniques and sometimes throwing everything out the window I will love the end product.
- What holidays, traditions or religious occasions do you celebrate in your family at this time of year?
Now we are working to create new traditions as a family. This year we are driving our son around on Sunday night, listening to the all Christmas music channel, and looking at lights. Porter is loving it and it melts my heart to hear him shrieking with excitement.
- Do you listen to music, watch television or prefer the hum of the sewing machine when you sew?
Now I’m on to Once Upon a Time. I will probably finish that series out by January with the amount of sewing I foresee in my future.
- What are your favourite types of blog posts to read?
- If you had to pick any designer to sit down and chat or work with for the day who would it be and why?
If you don’t follow her on Instagram, let me encourage you to do so. She loves to play and create. She’s very hands on. For her first fabric line she hand drew all the designs and someone had to put them into a digital format. That really shows in her work because things aren’t perfectly straight for example.
I just want to sit down, have a coffee, and pick her brain.
- Do you have any quilting goals for 2015, what are they?
- Do you prewash your quilting fabrics?
- What are you hoping the festive season will bring for you?
Hopefully we can create many new memories leading into 2015.
Thank you Tisha for sharing with us!